Tuesday, June 30, 2009

thing 1-a

My name is Debbie Baker. I am a kindergarten parparpo at Yargo Elementary. I have been working with the Barrow County Schools for 15 years. I love it. I started out in P.E. then after 10 years decided I needed a change and I went to kindergarten, where I have been for the last 5 years. Have loved everyday. I work with Dawn Bradbradberry who is an excellent teacher and has a lot a patience with me on learning new things. Mainly on the computer.

I am taking this coarse to further my learning on the computer.

I hope to gain a better understanding of the computer, learn how to do different things on the computer and how to do it without asking for help.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, there are a lot of parapros from YES! My son will be going there next year in kindergarten. I wish I knew who's class and all. Still, it's nice to see that they're starting early with computers and that you're taking classes like this. My son is now 5 and has his own computer. He has been a user for about 2 years now. He's fully aware of how he can find different games on websites and often will tell me which ones he wants to visit. Sometimes he knows how to go to the bookmarks himself. Right now he likes ToonTown Online and Disney.com, but he also tells me to go play Wizard101.com because he likes watching, but can't read to understand what to do. Kind of scary what little kids know about computers :) http://my23things-valerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that we have so many parapros and from one school to boot! I'm hoping that you and the others taking this course will be able to influence the teachers you work with to also take this class when it's next offered in the Fall. Can you imagine how much of an impact that could make?

    Anyway, I want to warmly welcome you to the class, and I can assure you that by the end, you'll look at the Internet and what is available out there differently than you did before. I know I did!!

    ReplyDelete